I love sharing local history with audiences, whether in person, over the radio, on television or via social media. Please contact me if you are interested in having me as a guest speaker for your meeting, event or program!
Upcoming Public Presentations
Idlewild History Presentation for New Neighbors of Greensburg Luncheon
Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
Antiochian Village Conference Center
140 Church Camp Trail
Bolivar, PA 15923
Past Public Presentations
“Lost Trolley Parks of Western Pennsylvania”
• Pennsylvania Trolley Museum’s Virtual West Penn Trolley Meet (June 2020)
“Idlewild: History and Memories of Pennsylvania’s Oldest Amusement Park”
• Greensburg Business Connection Meeting – Greensburg, PA (October 2019)
• West Jefferson Hills Historical Society Meeting – Jefferson Hills, PA (September 2019)
• Jefferson Hill’s Women’s Club Meeting – Jefferson Hills, PA (September 2019)
• Mount Pleasant Public Library – Mount Pleasant, PA (July 2019)
• History Happy Hour at Stanton Daily Grind – New Stanton, PA (July 2019)
• South Park Township Library – South Park, PA (July 2019)
• Redstone Highlands Senior Living Community – North Huntington, PA (June 2019)
• Widow’s Group Luncheon at Westmoreland County Community College – Youngwood, PA (June 2019)
• Redstone Highlands Senior Living Community – Greensburg, PA ( June 2019)
• Ligonier Valley Library – Ligonier, PA (May 2019; in conjunction with Memories of Idlewild Park Historic Photography Show)
• Redstone Highlands Senior Living Community – North Huntington, PA (May 2019)
• Redstone Highlands Senior Living Community – Murrysville, PA (April 2019)
• Peters Creek Historical Society Meeting – Verona, PA (March 2019)
• AARP Local Chapter Meeting – Latrobe, PA (March 2019)
• Chestnut Ridge Historical Society Meeting – Stahlstown, PA (November 2018 )
• Redstone Highlands Senior Living Community – Greensburg, PA (October 2018)
• Mount Pleasant Women’s Group Meeting – Mount Pleasant, PA (October 2018)
• Saltsburg Historical Society Meeting – Saltsburg, PA (September 2018)
• Carnegie Library of McKeesport – McKeesport, PA (September 2018)
• Blairsville Historical Society Meeting – Blairsville, PA (September 2018)
• Rotary Club of Delmont Salem Meeting – Delmont, PA (August 2018)
• Westmoreland County Historical Society Ice Cream Social – Greensburg, PA (July 2018)
• Baltzer-Meyer Historical Society – Greensburg, PA (July 2018)
• Bethlen Communities Luncheon – Ligonier, PA (July 2018)
• Monongahela Area Library – Monongahela, PA (July 2018)
• Carnegie Library of McKeesport – McKeesport, PA (June 2018)
• Plum Community Center Book Club Meeting – Plum, PA (June 2018)
• American Coaster Enthusiasts Western Pennsylvania CoasterBash! XXIX – Salvatore’s, Pittsburgh, PA (March 2018)
“Mary Darlington’s Idlewild”
• Ligonier Valley Rail Road Association Annual Dinner – Giannilli’s II, Greensburg, PA (October 2019)
• Fort Ligonier Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution – Ligonier Country Club, Ligonier, PA (May 2019)
“Remember When: Westmoreland County Drive-In Theaters”
• Westmoreland County Historical Society Program – Westmoreland County Country Club, Greensburg, PA (April 2019)
Pittsburgh Amusement Park Panel at Barnes and Noble Homestead, PA (August 2019)
• Joined WQED host Rick Sebak and fellow amusement park historians and authors Brian Butko and Dave Hahner to discuss history and memories of Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania amusement parks.
Throwback Thursdays at Idlewild (June-August 2019)
• In cooperation with Idlewild and SoakZone, filmed a short series of “Throwback Thursday” videos covering different aspects of Idlewild’s history that were posted on the park’s social media pages.
Television Interview on PCN’s PA Books Series (September 2018)
• PA Books is a weekly television program on Pennsylvania Cable Network that for 20 years has featured hour-long conversations with authors of newly published books on topics unique to Pennsylvania. Joined PA Books host and PCN president/CEO Brian Lockman to discuss the history of Idlewild Park and the experience behind researching and writing Idlewild: History and Memories of Pennsylvania’s Oldest Amusement Park.
Radio Interview on PA Talk’s The Hank Baughman Show on 98.7 FM/910 AM (April 2018)
• Joined talk show host Hank Baughman on his weekday radio talk show to discuss Idlewild: History and Memories of Pennsylvania’s Oldest Amusement Park plus experiences researching Ligonier Valley and Laurel Highlands history.
Radio Interview on Tube City Online’s “Two Rivers, 30 Minutes” Podcast (April 2018)
• Joined Tube City Community Media Inc.’s Executive Director Jason Togyer to chat about Idlewild Park history during this weekly public affairs radio talk show about the Mon Valley, produced in cooperation with WEDO (810AM) and WZUM (1550AM).